Dark Soul

Dark Soul
"In a Place Where Dreams Fade and Shadows Fall" ...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

A little more of "My Psyche"

I still don't know how much I am left with
For the more I give to you I feel drained
But what is there that is left of me now?
What have I lost and what have I gained?

I question myself each day that I live
Through the storms I try to reach the shore
Just waiting for some left over feelings
You give what you can, but I still want more

I guess I am becoming too selfish in this game
That you and me have been playing together
I don't know what the rules you choose are
You know it all, and I am a week performer

You say that I am changed as we now speak
You say that I don't think as I used to before
I cannot contemplate what is about to come
But you know I am there forever and more

But how or where I'll be, that I cannot say
For it's hard to chain these emotions I feel
I fight a war with self every day that I live
It's hard to contain what grows inside of me

But is it really worth the fight for freedom?
I still am hear and this dead heart still beats
But I guess I am no longer the same anymore
The man I thought I was, or the man I used to be

No comments: