Dark Soul

Dark Soul
"In a Place Where Dreams Fade and Shadows Fall" ...

Monday, May 19, 2008

... "Foolish Pride" ...

Tried so hard to get back to you every time
Far away and this ego within us to divide
I guess that we have lost what we once had
It's what we are when love and hate collide

How we play the blaming game every night
And each time we cherish our foolish pride
Cannot ignore the love that I have for you
So I try to find, but all the reasons denied

How we wasted such precious moments
Silence kept growing and we didn't confide
I wish I was the one to first take the step
Thinking only if we kept our egos aside

There is no escaping from this loneliness
No comfort from the pain that I feel inside
Staring at your picture to feel your touch
And now I feel as if a part of me has died

Just know that I mistake, for I am just a man
I need you now so shift your boundaries aside
All seems to be lost thinking you are gone
This house of love is empty where we reside

No comments: